Cardiff, South Glamorgan
Our client, based in Cardiff, is currently recruiting for a Capital Works Project Manager on a temporary contract for two months ongoing.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience of planned maintenance and hold a full UK Driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Lead on the delivery of the housing WHQS, capital maintenance and improvement work
* Line manage a team 13 including Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors and TLOs
* Conduct project appraisals and briefs in order to provide value for money
* Manage contractor performance and ensure projects remain within the set budget
* Identify and resolve any arising issues or conflicts
* Ensure a customer focused approach to work which meets the needs of tenants
* Monitor productivity and performance KPIs of staff
* Write reports to provide updates on performance and the progress of works
* Oversee the submission of Building Regulation Approval and planning applications and secure planning and other required consents where necessary
* Procure and engage Structural Engineers, Architects and Designers where necessary
* Assist with the development and maintenance of the Asset Management system
* Produce ad-hoc reports and information on service related issues and assist the Development and Investment Manager in the preparation of service/team plans
* 37 ½ hours per week
* Monday – Friday 9am-4:30pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: capital maintenance; WHQS; quantity surveying; building regulation
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details