Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, transport, air quality, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help them solve the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our team helps clients respond to issues across the sustainability agenda including climate and product risk management, development of new business models, and sustainability reporting. We support our clients on a variety of projects across a range of sectors, from strategy through to data collection and verification to implementation. We are at the forefront of current trends in climate change and sustainability with clients at all levels across public and private sectors, providing insight and solutions to their environmental challenges.
We are seeking an experienced Director-level Consultant to develop and lead our TCFD business, via existing and new clients. This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a new business area within a leading environmental consultancy. You will have a proven track record, strong market credentials and great customer and commercial skills. You will have demonstrable consultancy experience of working on climate financial risk and ESG projects at senior levels in the private sector, and will have the ability to work closely with other senior colleagues across the business to grow and deliver the team’s portfolio of projects.
You will lead business development activity, using your and our network to develop leads, speak to existing accounts, and win project work with clients. Alongside that, you will continue to develop our technical proposition to ensure it meets market needs and captures the benefits Ricardo can bring to this agenda, and articulate this clearly to clients.
This role will work closely with Ricardo’s Strategic Consulting division (RSC), as Ricardo’s TCFD activity is being developed in tandem with Ricardo Energy & Environment (REE).
This role can be based at any of Ricardo Energy & Environment’s office locations.
Specific requirements of the role:
* The role will focus on the development of the Ricardo strategy, and business plan, addressing climate-related financial risk, including within the TCFD framework.
* The role will encompass a range of activities depending on business needs, including:
* Developing and overseeing market engagement to raise profile of Ricardo’s TCFD services both internally and externally, attracting customers and new accounts, supporting the development of our differentiated offering
* Networking and building strong relationships with clients and other partners in the market to ensure we fully understand client needs and the value this work brings to them
* Working closely with senior colleagues to develop and deliver the business plan – spanning REE internally and working cross-division with RSC
* Responsibility for orders, revenue and profit targets
* Delivering consultancy projects for ESG / TCFD and related services, to support the development and delivery of projects across different sectors and supply chains
* Working closely with colleagues in related areas (eg net zero, carbon management, sustainability etc) to ensure complementary service provision and that TCFD & ESG projects are followed-up with additional implementation services
* Overseeing the delivery of high profile, technically complex consultancy projects
Key competencies and experience:
* Experience working in a consultancy capacity, covering TCFD / ESG issues, for senior / C suite level clients (in finance or other sectors)
* Excellent working knowledge of the TCFD recommendations, the Principles For Responsible Investment (PRI), GRESB, Sustainable Development Goals etc.
* Working knowledge of the ESG topics of most relevance / interest to finance / private sector clients
* Broad consultancy experience across a number of the following:
– Climate-related financial risk / opportunity impact assessment
– GHG mitigation strategies
– Science Based Targets
– Net-Zero strategy development
– Sustainability strategies / corporate reporting (ESG / CSR)
– Corporate or technology due diligence
* Excellent knowledge of key policy and technical issues in the context of the TCFD / ESG agenda
* Proven networking skills and experience building strategic relationships with private businesses at the C-suite level, demonstrated through delivery of work won directly in aligned services
* Understanding of the finance sector, in particular, from an asset management / risk management perspective
* Establishment of strong, trusted advisor relationships with clients through project delivery
* Track record of identifying and securing new consultancy work
Skills and behaviours:
* You will have a financial, economics, engineering or science qualification/background with practical and management career experience, with a focus on delivering a selection of sustainability projects. You will also have:
* A passion for winning and delivering high value work to clients
* Flexible approach including a willingness and ability to work on a wide range of topics
* Great communicator and highly emotionally intelligent, with strong stakeholder engagement skills, and an ability to build consensus amongst groups of often very different stakeholders
* Ability to translate complex technical issues into appropriate language for senior management and finance professionals
* Excellent numerical skills, report writing and oral presentation skills (in English)
* Effective and proactive team worker and collaborator across teams, capable of supporting and developing peers and junior staff members
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.