Johnson Matthey Plc
Vacancy: EHS Advisor
Job family: EHS.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an EHS Advisor to join our Health team in Annan on a fixed term basis for 12 months. The purpose of the role is to support the Head of EHS to deliver effective environment, health and safety systems within our health business.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 14,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation.
The role will sit within our Health Business, The Health Sector plays a significant role in JM’s aspiration to make the world a cleaner and healthier place today and for future generations. We indirectly affect millions of people annually who rely on medical treatments that use our products for an array of illnesses. JM is well positioned as a valued partner in our targeted niches of the pharmaceutical drug development and manufacturing value chain.
Key responsibilities · To assist with of all aspects of site PPC authorisation and permits, including variations to processes.
· To assist the system specialist with the management of the Environmental Management System to ensure compliance is maintained to the ISO 14001 standard.
· To assist the development of site sustainably programmes which will include, Waste Minimisation strategies, Energy efficiency programmes etc.
· Develop and implement robust procedures to ensure the site is fully compliant with both legislation and corporate needs.
· As part of multi discipline teams carry out risk assessments as required including task based, process safety, engineering modifications and EHS impacts.
· Review contractor risk assessments and method statements and advise project leaders.
· Investigate site accidents and incidents where appropriate, ensuring corrective actions are appropriate.
· Collate accident and incident data and report trends to allow management to focus on key areas. Manage the use of Johnson Matthey internet-based incident reporting system.
· Participate and when appropriate lead EHS audits both internal and external.
· Participate in the site EHS inspections and tours.
· Provide support on incident control.
· Develop workforce at all levels to an appropriate set of clearly defined EHS competencies, ensuring that identified EHS training needs are delivered to a defined schedule.
· To assist in the implementation of a robust change management process to take account of all EHS impacts.
· To assist in the development and implementation of Behavioural Based Safety Programmes and initiatives.
· To assist in the development and maintenance of the site Process safety management system through leading and participating in HAZOP, human factor assessments and HTA etc.
· Liaise with external enforcement authorities on legal compliance with particular regards to the PPC and COMAH Regulations.
· To participate in process safety risk assessments and help develop safe operating practices to support plant operations, identify hazards, and provide solutions to areas that can potentially cause health, safety and Environmental hazards.
· Provide support for the identification and assessments of EHS Capex requirements.
· Reinforce and strengthen the EHS culture at every opportunity within operations and projects.
· To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?….. click apply for full job details