My client is now bringing the role of Estates project manager in-house and is looking to recruit an experienced candidate with an Engineering Background to join there team. This is a large prestigious estate which will offer fantastic benefits and career development and progression.
This role is crucial in the delivery of Estates projects across the campus.
The ideal candidate will firstly come from a hard services mechanical/electrical or Energy background and also must have some experience in either a pharmaceutical, hospital or critical environment (Bank, Data Centre etc). The typical projects will involve systems such as Boilers, UPS, lighting, gas, Switchgear, AHUs, Heating & Cooling, Air Conditioning etc.
Day to Day Tasks
* Responsible for leading the Projects team
* Line manage project delivery staff
* Provide senior, client-side project management services to the development projects
* Liaise with senior staff members and stakeholders to ensure team and project delivery
* Responsible to senior management for the management of team resources
* Contribute to future estates and projects planning
* Line management of project managers and clerk of works
* Develop the required strategies, job roles and organisational structures to support the effective delivery.
* Understand all facets of the business and its associated relationships.
* Representative for day to day project management, senior level communications, meetings
* Provide accurate reporting and management of project finances, delivery of monthly operational reports and ensure timely production of project invoices, where appropriate
* Stakeholder Management
* Manage projects and 3rd party resources on and off site so as to maximise their contribution
* Procurement of consultants and contractors to support the programme of works, leadership and management of consulting and contracting teams as an integrated delivery model
* Management of relevant third party peer review process, including implantation of actions arising, covering OGC Gateways, internal audit processes, National Audit Office requirements and all review processes.
* Attend and contribute to Project Boards and Board Reports
* Manage and mitigate on-going risks and issues and produce mitigation plans where necessary
* Input, approval and acceptance of all Work Packages
* Ensure adherence to agreed project quality standards and project management processes / methodologies
* Definition of tolerance levels, production of exceptions as and when necessary
* Be initial point of escalation for project issues to the Programme Management Office and Senior Management
* Resolve project conflicts
* Hold regular progress reviews with project team
Have a good basic education, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills.
Ability to communicate and delegate at all levels.
Ability to provide leadership for the project team.
Be a team player with a flexible and adaptable approach.
Have a sound understanding of current company and legislative Health and Safety, Environmental impacts and Risk Assessment Procedures.
Experience in project management and or professional qualifications.
Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current operations department activities en requested to do so.
Working to CDM requirements.
Experience of project management software.
Risk Assessment and Method Statement trained.
Qualifications & Experience Needed
Degree/HND level in at least one of the relevant engineering disciplines; Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health Experience and training (minimum IOSH) to practically apply Health & Safety principals to all aspects of work
Evidence of experience of change-management, influencing and strategic vision
Knowledge of the requirements of construction design management regulations 2015
Experience of MEP Projects/Programme management/delivery across a wide range of industries / work environments
Excellent time management and organisational skills, able to optimise team resources to achieve best value and outcomes
Monday to Friday
37 Hour Week
Starting Salary £50000 to £66000
15% Pension Scheme
35.5 Days Holiday
Flexibility with working hours, Gym on site, subsidised staff restaurant, employee benefits, discount vouchers, cycle to work scheme etc. There is also a good training and development programme. The estate is easily accessible and there is free parking provided on site.
To avoid missing out on this opportunity please click apply, or email your cv to (url removed)
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy