I want to register asEmployerCandidate
Please leave this field empty
Don't have an account? Sign up now!
City Calling Limited
An Exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join a steadily expanding
Main Contractor in Surbiton, Surrey.
The right candidate will have at least two years’ experience in a similar position and have an understanding of the Construction Industry, preferably with a Main Contracting background.
We work on New Build, Refurbishment, fit-out and D&B projects in London and the South East up to a value of £8M in the Commercial, Sports, Residential, Educational and Ecclesiastical sectors.
Salary negotiable subject to experience + plus benefits + pension
Reporting to the Senior Estimator the Candidate will be required to:
· Take tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
· Provide timely and accurate estimates.
· Interpret tender packages, including having an understanding of everyday contracts such as JCT.
· Understand the principles of producing quantities for a project. Be able to do take off, either by hand or using software such as Bluebeam to produce Bills of Builders Quantities.
· Prepare accurate subcontract and supplier packages and have the ability to analyse the returns and negotiate with the Subcontractors & Suppliers.
The Candidate will possess:
· Previous main contracting experience of at least 2 years as an Assistant Estimator or Estimator.
· Knowledge of building material components, building regulations and the process of construction.
· Good estimating skills including taking off.
· Knowledge of contractual procedures & responsibilities
· Computer skills, especially Excel
· Good negotiation, influencing & communication skills
· Good organisation skills, analytical reasoning, thorough with an attention to detail
· Interests outside work
· Think outside of the box to add value to tenders or find potential savings (Value Engineering).
· Be confident in their ability to explain projects to others, especially when it comes to adjudication.
And the Candidate will be:
· Professional, Self-motivated and have the ability to work alone or in a team.
· Able to work independently under the direction of the Senior Estimator.
· Organised, and possess problem solving & VE skills.
· Well-spoken and personable…… click apply for full job details