My Client are a leading Civil Engineering Contractor continuing growth and are seeking a talented Geotechnical Engineer/Senior Geotechnical Engineer to manage and undertake design work and technical project co-ordination across their disciplines. This position will generally be based out of their Head Office in Nottinghamshire.
The post holder will be part of a small but busy team providing design and technical services to our UK Group of Companies.
Monday to Friday 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary and benefits will be based on experience and qualifications.
Company benefits include pension, healthcare and life insurance scheme.
* Driven, CFA/SFA, bored and micro piling
* Embedded retaining walls including sheet piles, augered/bored, king posts and combi-walls
* Ground anchors
* Soil nail reinforced slopes
* Working platforms
* Drilling and grouting
* Accompanying structural designs such as waling beams, propping, working platforms, capping beam
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To prepare engineering solutions in accordance with the contract documents and the companies’ procedures and policies Ltd.
2. To undertake design submissions including but not limited to calculations (by hand or using software) design reports, feedback reports, technical drawings and any correspondence of a technical nature in accordance as required by the project.
3. To communicate technical issues clearly with all levels of audiences within the construction industry including but not limited to meetings, report writing, emails, presentation etc.
4. To provide technical expertise and support to the Sales/Estimating and Contracts Departments throughout the entire project life cycle.
5. To carry out technical and risk appraisals to satisfy clients as to the suitability of the Company’s proposals and engineering solutions.
6. To represent the Company on industry bodies as appropriate.
7. To contribute to, improve and maintain the Company’s technical capacity, processes, management and library.
8. To carry out all duties responsibly in accordance with current Environmental, Health & Safety policies, Integrated Management System in close co-operation with colleagues and the STEQ Manager. Be responsible for ensuring your own awareness of the company IMS.
9. To market the Company by developing and delivering CPD talks to Prospective Clients.
10. To exercise the companies roles and responsivities regarding health and safety in accordance with CDM Regulations 2015
11. To exercise continuous professional development within ground engineering
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and confident when working in a team to deliver multi-disciplined ground engineering projects. Sound engineering judgement, innovative ideas and an eye for detail are essential. The successful candidate will have and be expected to demonstrate the following:
* Minimum three years’ relevant design experience
* Degree in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering or soil mechanics; ideally master’s level
* Chartership, or aspirations thereof, to the ICE
* Comprehensive understanding of current and relevant design standards, codes of practice and execution of special geotechnical works
* Good and confident communicator with all audiences within the construction industry including but not limited to internal and client meetings, site supervision, report writing, emails, presentations etc.
* Good understanding of roles and responsibilities of a design and build contractor in accordance with CDM Regulations 2015
* Proficient user of CAD
* Full UK driving license and car