PWS Technical Services (UK) Ltd
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an ambitious Geotechnical Engineer with experience working in a design capacity within the geotechnical and ground engineering industry.
Our client is a leading specialist civil and ground engineering contractor and has earned an enviable reputation for quality, innovation and customer service. The company offers a range of geotechnical, piling and foundation engineering construction services to clients within highways and roads, rail, energy, environmental, civil engineering and multi-utilities. Our client works collaboratively and takes pride in maintaining exceptionally high standards in technical ability, quality management, safety, training and environmental practice. In turn, this enables the company to provide all their clients with the most efficient, reliable and value-engineered solution, regardless of a project size or location.
Due to continued growth and an ambitious expansion plan, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join the business. Based in the South East regional office, the successful candidate will get the opportunity to work within a dynamic team on a wide range of infrastructure, civil, roads, rail, energy, nuclear and telecom projects. Further responsibilities include;
· Responsible for a broad base of design including deep foundations, steel and concrete piled foundations, retaining structures and slope stability analysis and design
· The candidate will be required to liaise with clients and external consultants and eventually deliver their own projects to a high standard from concept stage to construction
· Actively promote and demonstrate the group’s core values through day to day work and look to co-operate and communicate with other staff across the business and all relevant teams in the ideology of adding most value in every area of work to assist in the efficient and successful design of all schemes
· Participate in regular review meetings with the relevant teams developing a pro-active focus upon client expectations and contract design delivery
· Ensure that designs adhere to policies in line with business objectives and ensure the company complies with legal requirements and best practice procedures
· An enthusiastic and motivated Engineer striving for geotechnical excellence in the sector with experience in geotechnical design of foundations and retaining structures
· The right candidate should have a good knowledge of foundation design, preferably to Eurocode 7, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ideally be working towards Chartership
· It would be advantageous for the candidate to have experience with pile design and related design software
An attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate, along with security of work given the company’s commitment to growth and a forward order workload.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality…… click apply for full job details