As the HSE Manager you will be involved in working across the corporate and operational functions within a pharmaceutical CRO development business. The role will involve a strong technical capability in ensuring site and laboratory safety is enhanced and complaint for all environmental regulations.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Ensuring laboratory compliance with business HSE standards and coach and develop HSE culture within sites/team
· To manage the internal HSE Management Systems and audit programmes.
· To provide expert guidance in HSE matters, identifying issues which could result in cost or loss of reputation.
· To monitor site HSE performance.
· Manage the site environmental compliance and performance
· To represent the site with the trade associations e.g. CIA Responsible Care.
· To manage the site emergency procedure providing support in crisis situations
· To monitor UK & EU legislation, Providing direction and impact assessments on legislative changes
· To support the site with a proactive occupational health service.
· Contributing to the development and delivery of training on HSE issues.
· Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific/engineering discipline
· Health & Safety qualification desirable, eg NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma. IOSH and ideally CMIOSH
· Demonstrate experience in a manufacturing/production environment within a chemicals/hazardous material.
· Previous experience supporting chemical laboratory
· Ideally Radiation Protection experience
· Must have experience of ISO14001 and ISO45001, developed site accreditation
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you believe you hold the relevant background experience and looking for a role as the HSE Manager within this successful and growing Pharmaceutical business then this is the role for you.
About us: Templarfox is a privately owned recruitment business leading in executive search, management selection, Salary benchmarking and Business development services. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK and on this occasion TemplarFox Consultancy is acting as an employment agency…… click apply for full job details