Rare opportunity for a qualified, experienced construction Land Surveyor / Instructor to teach at the The Royal School of Military Engineering in Chatham, Kent, employed by a developing training provider – MKC Training.
Teaching experience is not essential as teacher training will be provided for the right candidate moving from industry.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual to instruct military students in the land surveying profession. You will need to have strong communication skills, want to train others, be IT literate and prepared to extend your own skills and knowledge.
He or she will demonstrate the aptitude and ability to develop and refine training systems to bespoke requirements.
Essential Experience – Land Surveyor Instructor:
* HNC / Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant land surveying subject area.
* Substantial professional experience relevant to land surveying.
* Knowledge and experience of Leica hardware and software (or similar e.g. Trimble, Topcon, Nikon etc).
* Ability to motivate and encourage students, teaching land surveying techniques to others (e.g. to apprentices, trainees etc).
* Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Applications.
* Knowledge and experience of quality assurance and improvement.
* Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation and requirement / Ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of young people that s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with.
* Willingness to study for teaching qualification (supported by the client) within 3 years of contract commencement.
* Course tutoring
* Teaching qualification level 5 e.g. DTLLS / PGCE / PGCHE / DET.
* Education & Training Foundation Membership.
* Relevant professional qualification/membership.
* Assessment Qualification (A1 or equivalent) or commitment to achieve one.
* Quality Assurance Qualification (V1 or equivalent).
* DTTT (Defence Train the Trainer) comprising Defence Instructional Techniques (DIT) or equivalent and 8 day Defence Train the Trainer Consolidation Course (DTTC).
* Knowledge & experience of e-learning and e-assessment tools.
MKC Training is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity in our people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Note to Recruitment Agencies – this recruitment project is under a managed service contract – direct approaches to the client will not be accepted