CADENT GAS LIMITED
Network Asset Engineer (Asset Investment Consultant)
Base Location – East of England
Salary circa £40,000 (depending on experience)
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution.We’re the UK’s largest gas distribution network, connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a Network Asset Engineer and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
As a Cadent Network Asset Engineer you will gather information and apply your investment appraisal and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to identify, specify and justify engineering maintenance and improvement projects across our extensive network of physical pipelines and equipment assets. Your project recommendations will balance customer expectations, cost, risk and performance of our assets in line with Cadent safety, engineering, legal and regulatory obligations. As a champion of asset management, you will apply industry standard techniques, tools and asset data management skills to promote and develop the Cadent asset management strategy.
Through effective engagement with a range of Central and Network deployed teams you will:
· Be a lead contributor to the development of a comprehensive investment plan to deliver the NAMP, including option scoping, the evaluation of investment options using whole life costing principles, the approach for acquiring new assets and contingency planning
· Be a lead contributor to the development of a comprehensive Network Asset Management Plan (NAMP) for their network that will deliver the requirements of Cadent’s Asset Management Strategy, using recognised Decision Support Tools
· Lead the implementation of elements of the NAMP, including an understanding of resourcing and delivery strategies to drive delivery of asset improvements described in the NAMP.
· Drive asset data capture to ensure we have complete and high-quality asset records which enable understanding of risk and condition to support asset management decision making
· Develop your own capability and that of the extended asset management team to influence and deliver our rolling annual plan, including the culture and competence requirements of the team
· Collaborate with the network leadership team and delivery partners to ensure the intended Time, Quality and Cost outcomes of individual Asset Management Projects are met
· Take a lead on delivering elements of a programme of improved asset data quality to support effective decision-making.
· Manage and assess the progress and performance of elements of the NAMP, including risk identification and mitigation, and compliance assurance
· Promote the advancement of asset management knowledge throughout the network
· Support the ongoing accreditation of ISO55001 through effective engagement in and review of the asset management system at a network level
· Accounting for network performance and recovery plans at Cadent Performance Committee
· Ensure and promote compliance with Cadent policies, standards and procedures with accountability for effective resolution of any non-compliances identified, including supporting any reviews and investigations as required
· Effectively manage risk as required to fully execute the purpose of the role
You will possess the following:
Essential:A STEM or Asset Management qualification beyond A Level standard
Incorporated Engineer or equivalent recognised certification in Asset Management (e.g. IAM Certificate / Diploma)
Desirable:Membership of professional institution relevant to the role ideally to Chartered
Skills and Knowledge:
· O rdered and critical thinker with strong delivery mindset
· Strong communicator, influencer and collaborator
· Experience of scoping and influencing the selection and delivery of engineering projects
· Experience of using project controls to predict, understand and influence the outcomes of your projects
· Experience of using tools and data to support decision making
· Asset management and investment planning for a gas or utility type asset base
· Working with complex engineering assets
· Knowledge of internal and external audit processes
· Deep understanding of Asset Management principles, processes and techniques
· Financial and business acumen
· A strong understanding of Cadent’s gas transportation assets
· Understanding and knowledge of regulatory frameworks for asset intensive organisations, particularly RIIO
· The ability to interpret complex technical information and data to construct effective solutions
· A keen eye for detail -the ability to keep excellent records is essential
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion , the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come…… click apply for full job details