Reporting to the Group Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, cost management, time management, contract administration and safety management, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance meets quality standards.
You will be required to lead and conceptualise the construction project, and will be responsible for its smooth organisation, implementation and completion, to the satisfaction of the client.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
* Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
* Bringing about optimum utilisation of resources including labour, materials and equipment, while ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
* Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
* Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
* Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
* Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
* Develop your team and the objectives/goals and assign individual responsibilities.
* Project accounting functions including managing the budget, whilst minimising exposure and risk in the project.
* Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
* Devise the project programme and make revisions as and when the need arises.
* Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
* Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the client, architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and labourers.
* Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams (AED log, weekly status reports)
* Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
* Periodic inspection of construction sites.
* Ensure project documents are complete.
* Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
* Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
* Design and procurement management
Skills and Experience Required:
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering/Construction
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction projects
* Thorough knowledge of legal and safety standards
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to plan and organise a team
* Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
* Capacity to work effectively in pressure filled environments