B65, Rowley Regis, Sandwell
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas Operations Central holds an extensive portfolio of capability and experience delivering all highways civil engineering requirements, focused on a true “fence to fence” highways solution. Our diverse range of services include public realm improvements, junction improvements, car parks including park and ride facilities, foot-ways, cycle ways and other infrastructure for non-motorised users, carriageway construction and surfacing, drainage improvements, signalisation, road lining & Carriageway studs and more.
About the Role
Our Central regional operations are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial support to the Central Operations team. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will effectively support a number of projects through the provision of commercial activities in the pre and post tender phases of projects. To provide accurate and timely commercial reports and advise the bid management and senior management team whilst monitoring contracts and reporting against the appropriate commercial targets. Ensuring that projects are effectively managed in line with Colas’ governance, policies and procedures.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
* Competitive pension contribution
* A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
* 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
* Flexible working
* Ongoing training, and personal professional development
* Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will be degree qualified with proven experience as a senior quantity surveyor working for a main contractor in the civil engineering industry. You will have strong knowledge of NEC forms of contract, extensive experience of commercial management and procurement of subcontractors along with the ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
You will also:
* Maintain subcontract procurement schedule
* Procure subcontract packages
* Commercially manage subcontract packages
* Ensuring necessary main contract notices are issued on time
* Administration and valuation of contract change / compensation events
* Identify and input into value engineering
* Maintain project forecast
* Prepare assessments and applications for payment
* Input into financial reports for project management
* Input into CVR / cost report and cash flow information
* Agree final accounts
* Input into claims where required
* Supervise and train other commercial staff
* Provide commercial advise to other team member
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met