About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britains railway. Were making rail safer, more reliable and more efficient than ever before. Its a big challenge, and every talented individual in every different team takes responsibility for doing their bit. Were all accountable for making the best of every duty. Of course, were also accountable for helping each other thrive. Together, were making a railway fit for the future. And as the network continues to grow, youll grow along with us.
Route Businesses plans, operates and maintains the railway day-to-day. Our business units routes work closely with our customers and are accountable for improving customer service, safety and performance, as well as providing a value for money railway.
The Engineering function determines the asset management specifications and engineering competencies required to maintain, renew, and enhance the railway network, so it is able to deliver the high performance levels that the business requires. It is tasked with making engineering decisions as cost effectively as possible to satisfy the needs of the customer and the business – its focus is delivering Network Rails vision of engineering excellence for Britain’s railway. Brief Description
As Senior Signalling Support Technician you will provide technical support to the Maintenance Engineering team. About the role (External)
Reporting to the Assistant Signal & Telecoms Maintenance Engineer, you will undertake technical inspections, tests, investigations and analysis of technical data.
Other key accountabilities
1. Manage and check the quality of work delivered and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
2. Manage the preparation of work and resource specifications, method statements and plans.
3. Provide technical support and guidance.
4. Design, install, test and commission equipment.
5. Undertake and supervise technical tasks, survey and design work.
6. Prioritise work arising and agree work plans for the group.
7. Prepare specifications and requisition for materials.
8. Manage processes and systems for the calibration and certification of tools and equipment.
9. Manage information to update systems, databases and records.
10. Contribute to your own development and that of others.
11. Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements, plans and other instructions.
12. Adhere to company policies and procedures.
Experience, skills, knowledge and competencies
1. Knowledge of technical support activities and techniques.
2. Knowledge and experience of signalling & telecoms maintenance and construction management process, systems and standards.
3. Knowledge of design requirements, processes and techniques.
4. Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
5. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
6. Able to coach, influence and develop others.
7. Hold and retain the competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
8. Ideally hold or be working towards and NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in an engineering/leadership subject.
9. Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to 3,333 (to a maximum amount of 2,500). Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Salary: 39,739- 45,687
Closing date: 6th January 2020. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
Currency Amount of Travel Work At Home